Other Stuffage

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Paddle Boarding... and MILKSHAKES!!!

Today, I got to ride the paddle boards we got yesterday... another thing to add to my "addiction" list.  The one thing that I would recommend is to learn to paddle board in calm water with almost no current... and no wind.  That would be way easier than what I'm doing... 


It has been a while since Mom and I have made something.  Dang!  I feel out of place!!!  So, to make up for it, we made a milkshake!!!  


 Ohh man!  I couldn't wait to try the small glass of complete yumminess. 


The verdict is...


YUMMY!!!


How to make the Cake Batter Milkshake:

- 1 large frozen banana (as ripe as possible) 

- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

- 1 - 2 tbs melted coconut butter

- 1/2 - 2/3 c milk

Optional: 
Handful of sprinkles

A Note: We didn't have a frozen banana so ours looks a little different than Chocolate Covered Katie's.

Question of the day:
What is you favorite kind of milkshake?

10 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you got to go paddle boarding! It looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the tip of trying it in calm water first. :)

    As for my favorite kind of milkshake.. I would say banana peanut butter.

    1c. Rice Milk
    2 Bananas
    1-2 Tbs of Peanut Butter
    1Tbs Honey, Agave, or Pure Maple Syrup ( You can put in as much as you like.. to your taste)
    1c. Ice
    Another ingredient that you can add if you want a little different taste is carob. Try 1 tsp first and add to it if you want a stronger flavor of carob.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Stephanie Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That recipe sounds AMAZING!!!
      I'll definately to try it!!!
      I love bananas and peanut butter a lot, so banana and peanut bitter together is a bonus for me!
      :)

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to try paddle boarding. Looks like you have it down, Alli! I know it is much more difficult than it looks! I love pretty much any kind of milkshake and I love malts even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've naver had a malt before but I've always wanted to try one.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I am so glad you guys tried paddle boarding! It sounds like tons of fun. Uncle Josh loves JCW's cookie dough milk shakes, and I really just like all milk shakes, well except malt shakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only had home-maid milkshakes so yeah...
      But they all sound good to me :)

      Delete
  4. Paddle boarding looks awesome! I'm guessing that it really works the legs? Also, is it pretty stable or does it take much to keep it balanced? My favorite shake is a plain, old, chocolate malt. I also like any flavor of shake that has mint in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paddle boarding takes A LOT OF BALANCE... I just have to get the arm streangth I need now :)

      Delete
  5. You look like a pro on your paddle board. I'm to old to try something like that but looks like a lot of fun.I'm going to try your milkshake. My favorite shake is strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually ok at it but I could NOT be pro... it's WAY harder than it looks... plus, I was on the harder paddle board. (Yes there are different types of paddle boards.)

      Delete