Other Stuffage

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Grand Cayman Day 3: Coconuts and Great food

Today started out like any other day.  I ate breakfast, did school with Mom, and then did an INSANELY hard but short work-out (if you want to go to the awesome "calorie destroyer" site visit BodyRock.tv).


That is where the normalcy died... may it rest in peace.

While I was enjoying my freedom of being done with school, Mom suddenly peeped into my room and eagerly said, "Alli, come here!  I need to show ya something!" She was acting overly excited about something... scary.  I followed her outside to find her holding none other than the perfect coconut!!!  She had already taken off the thick outside husk, so all we had to do was crack open the shell.  To do that, I got to chuck the coconut as hard as I could against the pavement... that was my favorite part!!!


After that, we went inside to cut the coconut.  That was a little difficult since we used cheap knives to cut the coconut meat out (Mom's knife broke in the process...hehehe).  


Now, what to do with the coconut meat...  


Oh, wait... I don't even like coconut!  Unless I get to wear the husk like a hat! 


For dinner tonight, we ate at an Italian restaurant called The Lighthouse.  If you're wondering what the restaurant looks like, the name says it all.  The food there was to die for, the view was awesome, and it wasn't a place you had to dress up really nice for!  That is my type of place to eat!  First, we devoured 2 basketfuls of the yummiest bread I've ever tasted.  Then I ordered a mouthwatering lasagna, smothered in wonderful melty cheesiness.  Mmmmmm... I think I'll have really sweet dreams tonight!


Question of the day:
What is your favorite way to eat coconut?
Mine is in a Pina Colada...virgin, of course!

6 comments:

  1. Ummm HECK YES!!!! Pina Colada is the best way to eat a coconut! No kiding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli, my daughter makes these no bake energy bites that are actually really good. Here is the recipe: 1 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/3 cup honey or 1/4 cup Agave or combination of both to equal 1/3 cup
    1 cup coconut flakes
    1/2 cup ground flaxseed
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or regular)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    Mix all ingredients in a bowl thoroughly (use your hands)
    Let chill for 1/2 hour in the fridge
    Once chilled roll into 2 inch balls
    Store in airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy! They are a great snack and pretty healthy, which will make your mom very happy!!!!

    I would love to see the scorpion video......I think. I also LOVE extra cheesy lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see the Video. . Post it!!!! I heard you found the creeper in the car port. EWWWWW....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post it post it!! The crazy scorpion video I mean!! Look like you guys are having fun down there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still waiting for the famous video. Gram likes fresh coconut right from the shell. That is truly the best!

    ReplyDelete