Other Stuffage

Friday, March 2, 2012

Whoopies

In case you're wondering what in the world a whoopie is, I'll tell ya.  A whoopie is a cookie sandwich with marshmallow cream and chocolate.  It's really yummy...


But the first time I heard of them I thought my mom was talking about whoopie cushions.  Yeah... That was really weird.

Anyways, my mom found this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie (Is it just me or does it seem like all of our recipes come from her?) and they looked really good.

So we gave one to my Mom's trainer, Steve for his birthday.  I even added a swirly candle on top of it... I thought it was a nice touch :)

We did have to change it a bit, though, because they turned out really runny the first time.


Here is the modified recipe:

Whoopie recipe


(makes 12 circles)
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice
  • scant 1 tsp vinegar
  • 1/2-2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or white flour)
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • just over 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice (or white sugar)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix vinegar into milk, and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix very well. Then add the vanilla to the vinegar mixture and stir. Pour wet into dry, and stir to combine. Drop tiny circles (a little over the size of a silver dollar) onto 1 or 2 cookie trays. (Or, if you have a whoopie pie maker, you can use that! I don’t have one.) Bake around 8 minutes.
*These are fantastic with the homemade marshmallow cream and chocolate sauce that Katie lists on her blog.* 
Question of the day:
What has been your favorite post that I've done?

Mine:
The Polka Dot Banana Bread :)

10 comments:

  1. Oooooo... Those look yummy! I don't know which post I like best: I just enjoy reading them. Thanks again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your posts! I am sorry I haven't been commenting lately:( My friend just gave me a Whoopie Pie recipe book. There is a recipe for pumpkin whoopie pies and it made me think of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun!!!
      You'll have to tell me what your favorite recipe in there is :)

      Delete
  3. Even though I love all your posts, I have to admit the scorpion one wins out. But, we have enjoyed to zucchini bread, and pudding bread the most. (I even bought xylotol for the recipe.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xylitol is the best... Especially when you following my blog.

      Delete
  4. Mmm, mmm. I love Whoopie Pies! My favorite post would have to be the whole Cayman Island series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed writing those... I just wish I had better Internet servous here I Turks and Cacos and I would write about our little trip to "tropical" Provo. (Short for Providincialus... However you spell it)

      Delete
  5. As I have been stalking your blog recently, I have not had the chance to try any of your recipes. But the best one sounds like your pumpkin bars. I also like the idea of the Bread Pudding and the Whoopies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are all yummy... But I still like the Bannana Bread best!!!

      Delete