Other Stuffage

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cake Balls...Finished!!!


I finally finished dipping and decorating the cake balls.

Holy Cow!!! MOOOOOOO!

That was a lot of cake balls.  I think I have spent over 4 hours just decorating these little suckers alone!  Not to mention cake baking time, icing making and mixing time, ball and pop shaping time and freezing time...  I am gaining a whole new appreciation of why little cake balls and cupcakes in the bake shops cost so much...


My favorite part was decorating the cake balls.  I really liked sprinkling crushed candy canes on them (though smashing the candy canes was by far the best part!) and drizzling the green and red melted chocolate onto them.

I have decided that we need to find a new supplier for the white chocolate.  That stuff was horrible to work with!  It always seemed to get gloppy, no matter what we did!  Soooo glad to be done with that part!


The Santa Hat Pops were the hardest and took the longest.  It was really difficult to get them rolled into decent-looking cone/hat shapes.  And it was a multi-step process to dip them.  First we had to dip the bottoms in white, wait for that to dry, then dip the tops in the red, wait for that to dry, then put a little more white chocolate around the bottom and put the sprinkles on, and finally add the little yogurt covered raisin on top (that required opening 4 boxes of those dumb raisins just to find enough that were small-ish and round-ish)...  Whew!


Now we just need to put them all in the boxes...

Many, many, many hours later...


 Done!!!

Can I go to bed now?!!!






4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! These are amazing! I think I may have to purchase some! I am thoroughly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind do you want? I'll save you a box/bag. 9 cake balls in a box (specify candy cane or chocolate mint) for $7 or 4 cake pops in a bag for $3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed! Way to go, Alli! You are an amazing little girl! We would love to buy some! When are they for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Tiffany

    Thanks :)
    And I delivered them before you ordered :'(
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete