Other Stuffage

Monday, November 14, 2011

Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Cookies

Today was the best!  I got to make some of my FAVORITE recipes!


First, we started with Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread.  I seriously think I'm addicted...  We churned out a few mini loaves and some muffins. We also had a little helper who was more than happy to hold the coveted cinnamon chips...


Then, I kind of broke my vow about not eating pumpkin for a long time.  We made pumpkin cookies... with cinnamon chips, of course.  


They turned out Nummy!  

Seriously, whoever invented Cinnamon Chips was a genius!  Thanks Hershey!!! 

We changed the recipe a bit and substituted applesauce for part of the pumpkin, because, believe it or not, we were running low on pumpkin!  The recipe also called for equal amounts of cinnamon and nutmeg, which seemed a bit excessive, but we followed it anyway.  Besides, that just meant I got to grate more nutmeg again!  Happy, happy!  
 Wow!  The finished product was awesome!  Love all that nutmeg!

Obviously, someone couldn't wait to try them...

Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Cookies
1/2 cup oil
3 cups sugar (or 2 1/2 cup agave/honey)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1 1/2 cups applesauce
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
5-6 cups flour
1 bag (11 oz) cinnamon chips


In a large bowl, cream together oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and applesauce.
In a medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients (except cinnamon chips).
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.  Stir in cinnamon chips.
Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
Eat and enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun. Now I am waiting for my monkey bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ John Pestana
    Ok, I need to remember that :)

    ReplyDelete