Other Stuffage

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread

 Today, Mom and I made the most AMAZING banana bread known to mankind.  We ate an entire loaf... and shared a little bit with my younger siblings. Good thing we made 3 loaves!  I am currently on a gluten-free, dairy-free, and natural sugar only diet.  It's hard to do sometimes, but we are finding more and more that I can eat.  Hooray!  Fortunately, we stumbled on Chocolate Covered Katie, an awesome blog that has "healthified" a lot of recipes, so we got our inspiration from her Fat Free Banana Bread.
 That recipe is definitely a keeper.  The only modification we made to it was that we used cinnamon chips instead of regular chocolate chips. Oh boy, those cinnamon chips made it SOOOO yummy!!!  Okay, so the cinnamon chips really aren't part of the "natural sugar" thing, but there weren't that many...  And it was really worth it!
The finished product: The floating loaf of banana bread...


This week, in honor of all of the pumpkins sitting on our doorstep (which we grew in our garden), we will be doing an All Things Pumpkin week.  So, check back to see what we are doing.  And, let us know if you have any requests for us to make, though I will forewarn you that we may be "healthifying" it.  If you live close to us, we could even bring you samples, as long as it's edible.  Mmmmmm.... I can almost smell pumpkin pie spice wafting through the air...

8 comments:

  1. Pumpkin custard, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pudding, pumpkin pancakes, and we've got to figure out some pumpkin chia! Maybe a pumpkin facial mask? I can't wait to smell the kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli, sounds super yummy and what a neat thing to do with your Mom! She is awesome and so are you! Good luck with it all!
    Becky Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one complaint about this post. Why didn't you bring a loaf to sell to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Laureli, I don't know where you live! I have 2 yummy loaves left, and I totally would if you lived nearby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go girls!! Looks fun-- and sounds fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks y'all! I LOVED IT too :)

    ReplyDelete