Other Stuffage

Monday, November 7, 2011

All Things Pumpkin Begins...

Day 1:  First, we said farewell to the beautiful pumpkin display on our front porch.  Then, we whisked away all the little pie pumpkins and murdered them upon the cutting board, spilling their fantastic, slimy guts all over.  Nothing like playing with goopy pumpkin seeds!  
Next, we halved them and baked them in the oven for an hour.  My  mom said she likes that method best because then we don't have to watch them, and it gives me a good hour to work on schoolwork.  Leave it up to my mom to multi-task!  So, a grammar and history lesson later, we pulled the lovely, aromatic delights from the oven.  Oh, the kitchen still smells divine!!!  

We let them cool while I worked on my math assignment, then took a break to scoop out pumpkin flesh.  It was warm!  And fun!  It just slid right out of the shell!  I had the biggest urge to use the pumpkin shells to make army hats, but I refrained.  That didn't stop me from turning one into a football, though!



So, now it's all ready to go, mushed up in a big bowl, just waiting for us to decide what it's final fate will be.  Mwahahahaha!

So, we'll leave that up to you!  What should we make tomorrow?   





Oh, yeah, we also have pumpkin seeds to roast.  What kinds of flavors shall we make?  Basic salt?  Cinnamon and sugar?  Spicy?



1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin smoothie for breakfast!!! :). Oooh, I can almost taste it! :)

    ReplyDelete