Other Stuffage

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chocolate Pudding

Trick question for all of you chocolate lovers:

WHO HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO SAY THAT THEY HAD CHOCOLATE PUDDING AND ICE CREAM FOR DINNER?

ME!!!


Yes, that is right.  My food Nazi of a mother actually let me have pudding and ice cream... for dinner.  Now, I know that you are probably wondering what alien from Mars abducted Mom. 

But I am here to tell you that she really did not get abducted.  Nor was she drugged unsuspectedly.

However, there was a catch.  My pudding was healthy (but still yummy)...  As for the ice cream, it was a green smoothie gone wrong.  Fortunately it was NOT an avocado-artichoke smoothie.  It was my favorite frozen fruit mix with a bit of butter lettuce.  It was yummy, but it was the consistency of ice cream.  That's why I can say I had ice cream for dinner. :)

Back to the pudding (I LOVE PUDDING!)


Non-Dairy Chocolate Pudding Recipe:

1 lb silken tofu

4 Tbsp cocoa powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1 Tbsp xylitol (or another 1/4 tsp stevia)

3/4 tsp stevia

1 banana (could be frozen)

Put into a blender and blend until smooth.  Refrigerate until creamy, and thick like pudding.

(If you need to, add a little bit of almond/coconut milk to the mixture.  My mom and I did that, but it ended up being very runny.)


Question of the day:
Have you ever had dessert for dinner?  If so, what did you have?  And if you haven't, what would you like to have?

Me:
I had pudding and "ice cream".  And, I've had dessert crepes for dinner!  YUM!!!

10 comments:

  1. I would love a big bowl of ice cream or chocolate cake. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultimate Chocolate Chip 'n' Oreo Fudge Brownies:
    1 bottom layer of chocolate chip cookies
    1 layer of Double Stuff Oreos
    1 layer of fudge brownies
    1 layer of hot fudge drizzled over the top
    This would be THE BEST BREAKFAST EVER!!! IT'S THE BEST DESSERT I'VE EVER HAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OM MHY GOOBERS!!!
      THAT SOUNDS SOOO YUMMY!!!
      But who wants to bet Mom won't let me do that for a blog...
      Unless it's my birthday.

      Delete
    2. Ummmm... yeah.... keep dreaming... I love you too much! :P

      Delete
  3. Yes. On Tues. Gunny and I split a banana split then he had a burger and I had a salad. We had not gotten to eat supper before Bekah's concert and had the split at her house as a treat for a job well done at the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dessert for dinner? YES. I did that a few times last year on the cruise...I could always go for some cake. It's my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dido, cake is one of the best things in the world... especially Magelby's Chocolate Cake

      Delete