Other Stuffage

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Butterfly Cupcakes

Ok, by now I think you probably know that I LOVE SUGAR!!!

And it so happened that I got to attend a cupcake decorating class for a church activity.  YIPEE!!

We made cupcakes with a big butterfly made out of chocolate.  


I made mine a Monarch Butterfly.


It was really easy.  

Chocolate Butterfly Cupcake Directions:

1. Draw all the different parts of the butterfly on a piece of paper.
2. Place a piece of waxed paper on top of the design and trace it onto the waxed paper.
3. Melt 2 different colors of chocolate in separate baggies.
4. Snip the tip off each bag.  Using 1 color, pipe the outline of the butterfly body and wings onto the waxed paper outline.
5. Using the other color, fill in the body and wings.  Gently shake the waxed paper a bit to get the chocolate smooth.
6. Allow to cool in the freezer.
7. Frost the cupcake.
8. Gently peel the chocolate wings and body off the waxed paper and place on frosted cupcake.
9. Admire for 5 seconds and then devour happily.

Optional:
If you want really cute frosted cupcake edges, gently roll the edge of the frosted cupcake in edible sprinkles.


Question of the Day:
Do you have a favorite cupcake design?

Me:
Any.  As long as they are super yummy!

6 comments:

  1. I love any and all, but one way I really like is to put two colors of frosting in each side of a frosting bag and swirl out from the middle. Another way you can do it is pour food coloring down the side of a bag in a thin stream, then put in white frosting and swirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, I've seen those, those are pretty sweet.

      Delete
  2. I love cake/cupcake decorating! My favorite cupcake I've made was really simple. I made little toadstools for my daughter's Tinkerbell party. They were just frosted red with white polka dots. They turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love to decorate cupcakes, and I don't really have a favorite design. But I did make pumpkin ones a long time ago and they were really cute

    ReplyDelete