Other Stuffage

Friday, February 3, 2012

Great-Grandma Pestana's Cream Puffs

Today, I got to have a little baking day with my Great-Grandma Pestana!


She taught me how to make her famous Cream Puffs.
First, we made the pastry.  It took forever because the mixer was being a little temperamental...
Next, we put chocolate pudding as the filling, then we smothered the pastries in whipped cream (YUM!), and finally, we topped them off with a dollop of chocolate frosting...
AGAIN YUM!
I think Mom would call it "death in one bite"...
Oh well, It was sooo worth it!!!
Sorry, I did not get a picture of the final product because they looked funny.  Thanks a lot temperamental mixer!  Next time...


Great-Grandma Pestana's Cream Puffs
Preheat oven to 400.

1c water
1 cube butter
Bring to boil
1c flour (all at once)

Stir until the batter forms a ball.
Put in the mixer and mix until thick.
Put on a non-greased pan (in blobs).
Bake until a nice crispy brown.
Cool on the pan.
Cut each pastry in half and fill with pudding, custard, whipped cream, nutella, whatever your little heart desires.  Enjoy!!!!

Question of the day:
What is your favorite pastry dessert?

9 comments:

  1. For me it is probably cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate filled croissants, or anything with lemon curd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't discriminate with the pastries! I love them all except when there is cooked fruit involved. I do not like cooked fruit!

    ReplyDelete