Other Stuffage

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bread Pudding

Yesterday,  Mom bought some rice bread because the store did not have the spelt bread we usually get.  It looked good, but it was extremely dry.

Like, even Mom and my little brother (aka human garbage disposal) didn't like it...

So... what do you do when you have stale, dry bread and you want to eat something super yummy?  You make bread pudding!!!


*Random Crowd Screams*

Bread pudding.  Warm cinnamon-raisin ooey, gooey goodness.  


Sometimes I am tempted to serve bread pudding for my birthday cake...  It's that good!

Maybe I should get Mom to buy dry rice bread more often! :)

*Mahahahahahahaha!!!*

Alli's Awesome Bread Pudding 

3 cups bread, cubed (stale and dry is good)
3 eggs
2 cups almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup xylitol (or sugar/honey)
2 tsp stevia powder (2 packets)
1/4 cup raisins (opt)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place the cubed bread in a 9x9" pan.  Beat the eggs until good and fluffy; add almond milk and the rest of the ingredients except for the raisins; mix well.  Pour mixture over bread cubes and stir together.  Sprinkle raisins on top and stir again to combine.  Bake for about 45 minutes, until firm throughout and golden brown on top.  Let cool a bit before digging in.


REALLY yummy!  Pretty darn healthy!  And ours was gluten free (because of the rice bread) and dairy free so everyone in my family could eat it.


Question of the day:
What is you favorite bread recipe?

Mine:
Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread and bread pudding.

4 comments:

  1. My favorite is filling at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Keep up the good work. Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine: This really good pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe! I need to try this! You remember the story of my food blog... stayed up for 5 minutes, then I got tired of it! Oh, and check out my regular blog ( miriamcastle.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete