Other Stuffage

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Audrey's Birthday Cake

THIS IS INSANICAL (I couldn't find a good enough word in the thesaurus so I made up my own)!!!  My sister Audrey is turning four in seven days!!!  Anyways, we celebrated her birthday on Sunday and guess who got to decorate the cake?!

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm so proud of myself, I feel dramatic happy tears coming to my eyes.  I thought I did quite well speaking that Mom and Dad weren't home and I wanted to surprise Mom by having the cake decorated before she came home.  Ok, so maybe it wasn't completely done when Mom and Dad arrived but it was pretty close to being finished.  The cake was a Polly Pocket beach scene and the icing was royal (my little brother can't have any dairy and I wanted him to be able to eat some too), so it was kind of a pain to squirt the flowers on, but other than that it was super fun to make.


All of the props are all plastic; they are NOT fondant.  I'm not good with sculpting (something I hope to work on).


Question of the day:
Have you ever decorated a cake?  If so, what has been your favorite cake you've decorated?

Me:
DUH!!!  The Polly Pocket cake.

14 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Wow, you are very talented, and very creative. Love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm sorry we missed seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, I'll try to make an even better one on Audrey's friend birthday party.

      Delete
  3. Nice work Alli!!! I love cake decorating. I'm not very good, but I have fun doing it. That's all that matters, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct, exactly, absolutely, sure... Great, I'm starting to sound like a thesaurus.

      Delete
  4. That looks amazing!! Great job, Alli!! I am sure Audrey loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure did, she was all over the Polly Pockets...

      Delete
  5. Nice work, Alli! I didn't know you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! It is so awesome! What a thoughtful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was DELICIOUS!!! Awesome cake!!!
    You are so great at decorating, even with that herd to use frosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that frosting is quite a royal pain to herd

      Delete