Other Stuffage

Thursday, June 14, 2012

1-2-3 Peanut Butter Cookies

These are the world's best Peanut Butter Cookies!  


They are gluten free, dairy free and could be sugar free.

AND they are super simple and quick to make.


The best way to make them is with two little kidlets by your side.  


I recruited my little brother and sister to help me, and they had a BLAST helping me make these delectable, golden circles of heavenly goodness.

We actually made them while my mom was gone, and she was REALLY surprised to see us hovering over the mixing bowl, donning aprons, mixing spoons and giddy grins.


Yes, we are the A-TEAM!  And we are AWESOME!!!


1-2-3-Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar (or xylitol for a sugar free version)
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Beat the egg and sugar together until well mixed; stir in peanut butter.  
Roll into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.

Now for my favorite part...

Press the tines of a fork horizontally across the ball to flatten slightly, then do it again vertically to create a criss-cross pattern.  (Audrey and Aiden always argued over who got to stamp the next cookie...)

Bake for 8-11 minutes but do not let them get brown in the oven.  Allow to cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack... or devouring...

Makes 18-36 cookies, depending on how big you make them.  Smaller cookies cook faster... and get eaten faster...  Not that we would know by personal experience, hehehehehe...

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite type of cookie?

Mine:
My peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookies...  The list is endless.

9 comments:

  1. My favorite cookies are Hot Chocolate Cookies, followed closely by Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookies.

    Are you going to try the Xylitol recipe next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite cookies are Peanut Butter cookies with Milk Chocolate chips. My mom invented them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVEN BETTER... PB COOKIES WITH CINNAMON CHIPS!!!

      Delete
  3. Alli! Those look amazing. I am definitely going to try this. I love peanut butter cookies but I guess I am a bit boring bc my favorite is the classic chocolate chip homemade cookie. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!!! Chocolate Chip Cookies are probably my favorite cookies of all time!!!

      Delete
  4. Favorite cookie? What kind of a question is that supposed to be? 1) ANY AND ALL!!!, or 2) CHOCOLATE!!! WITH CHOCOLATE CHUNKS!!! DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE MILK!!!
    I personally believe that chocolate can solve all problems. Period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe not any and all (they can't have nuts - blah!)

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with you Bekah. But some nut cookies are pretty tasty.

      Delete